need for organic rankings in google

Why you need organic rankings in Google?

SEO

Previously in “What Search Engine Dominates the Virtual World?” I showed that Google have invaded the minds of the consumers as they choose it for everyday product/services searches. Evidently, we can say that Google continues to dominate the virtual world. It served as a channel between consumers and web owners communication. Also, despite the shift of online competition to social media, I have also shown why organic rankings overrule other types of online marketing strategies.

Social media may have created a hiatus in terms of focusing in SEO campaign but web owners as well as consumers agreed that website traffic, conversion rates and user experience are still dependent on the websites spot in search engine results page (SERP).

On the other hand, search engines have different algorithms. Obviously, it will also create different results for queries. As a web owner, the question lies with what search engine you will be focusing at and why?

Deciding on what search engine to focus at requires further research in terms of (1) trustworthiness of the search engine (2) market share. In a larger sense, these criteria go hand and hand with each other. The larger the market share means the higher the trustworthiness of the search engine. Recent statistics from netmarketshare.com showed that Google still dominates the search engine industry. Distributions of search engines are shown below.

global search market share
Source:netmarketshare.com

Aiming for global competition would compel a web owner to focus in Google. Does it follow with US online competition? Most online businesses target USA because of its high dependence on e-commerce  generally, dependence on Google. At the last quarter of 2012, comScore revealed that 67.7% of users use Google followed by Microsites and the rest. Therefore, if you opted to go for online presence, you must compete for organic rankings in Google’s terms.

comScore US Search Market Share December 2012
Source:comScore

Some web owners would argue to this as they would depend on PPC or Paid Ads. Aside from being costly, PPC is simply an alternative. Look at this comparison of consumer behavior in terms of their clicks:

organic vs paid search
Source:econsultancy.com

Approximately only 6% of the population gets to click paid ads, while the remaining 94% will value organic rankings. And why do you need to be in the first three spots in organic ranks? Here’s why?

share of organic clicks by rank
Source:Compete.com

First link get 53% of the clicks and the probability of being clicked goes down as you go far from top ranks. So, web owners must aim for Google top organic rankings as it is more viable to gain website traffic.

So, it is settled, the need for Google Rankings is above the fold. How can you cope with its demands? Web owners are hesitant to tap Google because of their fear of algorithm updates such as Panda and Penguin. This is so unlikely if you knew that Google is the key to your success. There are only two things that could make your way up Google (1) practice ethical strategies and (2) always follow the guidelines.

Just a quick note:

Although we see that there is a need to rank in Google, but it is also essential that you must also work on your lead conversion process.

Have some insights to share? Please leave a message below.

online strategic solution

algomez

SEO Consultant, Online Marketer & Blogger, Web Developer & DLINKERS Founder. “Chose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”

http://www.alseoblog.com