Optimizing your company’s site is one of best choice you have ever made if you want your brand or identity be known or promoted among the online users, but it never ends there, you still have to consider the ranking factors, the on-page and off-page optimization elements. If you’re unaware of this, then you might have made a “blind” choice for which your purpose of not just generating traffic, but also inducing the users to follow and patronize what you offer can hardly be realized.
And this post is dedicated on why we need also to consider on-page SEO ranking factors and why this is essential, but first let us see below why SEO is crucial.
Search Engine Optimization Statistics
• 15% Lead-to-Customer Close through Search Engine Optimization (SEO) based on Hubspot, March 2012, State of Inbound Marketing.
• 61% of internet users globally do research for online products and additionally there are 44% of these online shoppers started shopping using a search engine stated by Interconnected World: Shopping and Personal Finance, 2012.
• 66.8% search market share, Google is still the leading search engine based on comscore stat last June 2012.
• 70% of searchers click on organic results, wherein about 79% of these organic clicks went to the top five results and this is based on MarketingSherpa, February 2007.
On-site Content Statistics
• Blogging about 20 or more times per month can get 5 times as much of traffic than those who blog just about 4 posts or less based on Hubspot, Lead Generation Lessons ,2011.
• 97% more inbound links can gain through blogging based on Hubspot, State of Inbound Marketing Lead Generation Report (2010) and additionally according to this report having more indexed pages can lead to gaining more leads.
Discover more: Eye-Popping SEO Staticstics, from a post in Search Engine Journal.
The statistics therein only reveal that SEO is not just essential, but a demand of time for the businessmen today!
Where to start?
Start by Making a Website Search Engine and user friendly through on-site optimization.
In the case where you just let an optimizer to use an off-page SEO such as those techniques in link building to improve your site’s traffic and rankings, then you have nothing brighter to expect about how many users will be converted into real consumers or loyal followers. Your site may be placed in a good rank, but then what? It’s limited to that. Why not aim for more than that by making your site an efficient generator of huge leads or prospects for your business?
The simple yet exact answer is the “On-page” search engine optimization. Precisely, it’s on your page, and not hidden in any other place. Your followers or the users can directly see or observe your effort and the search engine has a reason to give credit on whatever post or content you have therein that is beneficial to it or to the searchers. Specifically, it includes your posts, videos, infographics and other visible elements in your site’s page.
What to consider?
This one is actually guiding me in line with the factors that I need to consider.
And since on-page optimization is our focus, you should bear in mind that there are certain factors that can affect what you post or do in your site. These following factors provided by the Search Engine Land and if one element thereof is defective, then the entire efficiency of the process may be affected:
Content – this is undeniably the prime requisite in your On-page venture, and if quality is ensured, your other SEO efforts will be credited. Why? Because it’s not just the search engine that is benefited, but also the users that are searching for the information you provided therein. Its elements when you use them for the optimization are:
• Cq- Quality – it’s on top of all, and to ensure it every time you do an online business is to provide a well-written and substantial quality content not mainly for the sake of your traffic or ranking, but for the benefit of the users.
• Cr- Research – what readers look forward to is a factual material that could aid them in clearly understanding a certain issue or matter which they are interested to know about. Hence, when your content is research-based, the objectivity of your post is ensured and the need of your audience is effectively served. Yet, in this case, it’s very helpful to search first for the keyword that is often utilized by users to ensure that your article is currently needed.
• Cw- Words – specific word expresses a clear idea or thought, but among searchers it implies more than that since they commonly base their search on the word or phrase they want to derive at or be directed on.
• Ce - Engage – don’t aspire only for more “visits” of your site, but also for more active visitors who can spend time to read your content or comment on it. If you can acquire such, then you can go beyond what SEO ordinarily means.
• Cf – Fresh – users want a current issue, and not the rotten ones. Make sure, therefore, that your content is fresh or that currently occupies the mind of the users. Thus, you can base it on the current news, surveys, etc. that reflects users preference.
HTML – needless to say, this is the code that is used to construct web pages. In relation to SEO, the search engine detects ranking signals in its specific elements. These are the things which you should seriously consider in this factor:
• Ht -Titles – just make sure that your title tags contain keywords that are relevant to your page topics to ensure that your HTML can work efficiently.
• Hd-Description – describe in specific terms what you want the users to know about a certain page so it would be easy for them to understand the entire content.
• Hh - headers – don’t forget that your headlines and subheads must be incorporated with relevant keywords for the sake of specifying your terms or simplifying the focus of your content.
Architecture – refers to the overall site structure wherein if it is built rightly it can be of great help in on search engine optimization campaigns.
• Ac - crawl – think about how you can make things easy for the search engine to immediately “crawl” the pages on your site.
• As – speed - the loading time really matters for the searchers; thus, make sure that your site loads quickly, otherwise, your site will be abandoned like a mere scrap.
• Au - URLs- provide URLs with brief and meaningful keywords for your page topics so as your site would become more favorable for the search engine and the users who want to scan a precise term.
And don’t forget to follow the updated webmaster guidelines of Google .
So, why is On-Page optimization essential?
• Making Website More Efficient – efficiency is what defines SEO, and without which your traffic and ranking will suffer from instability or other undesirable outcome. Hence, one best way to acquire and maintain efficiency of your optimization, you must always focus on what the search engine requires, or those which it directs you to follow as provided in the current updates. And because the algorithm now prefers “quality contents” that are highly beneficial to the users or searches, and then the on-page optimization is really the best choice today.
• Having a Wise and Practical Strategy for Website Improvement – it’s for a simple reason that in such a strategy you can save time and money. You’ll spend no time in the complex process in link building, and you’ll spend no more after your page has been constructed and fixed. As it exists, it continues to gain traffic whenever the users searched for your content, but in the other strategy, you have to repeat the process all over again since it’s the main requirement for such, and therefore, if you stop building your links, your SEO likewise ceases.
• There’s no Threat of Being Penalized – in the off-page optimization, you may be tempted to buy links to gain good ranking in the search engine, but in the On-page you can’t play with Google or yahoo since what is required is the content, and your content can hardly be given credit or be indexed if it’s spun or plagiarized. It’s ultimately the safest, and if you choose it for optimization, you can assure yourself, inasmuch as the “quality rule” is concerned, that any update by the search engine is not contrary to your site’s practice.
• Ensured Site’s Relevance – you have one certain focus in your site, and you are guided by that whenever you update your posts. It’s far different from the probabilities of link building that sometimes you are directed or have chosen a wrong site to link into. And taking into account the benefits of relevance to your site, your followers may be assured of consistency of your online activity.
• Beneficial for the Users – the users have specific search needs, and one of which is to be led to the right site that has useful contents. They can’t acquire that with just mere links and tweets; it’s insufficient especially when they’re looking at a complete data with sensible and intelligible features. With the On-page optimization, the user experience in the web is further enhanced since what they see is what they know and apply. Simply stated, it’s not limited in imagination because you can provide specific examples, or post other features to clarify the points you include in your content.
It’s the usefulness that defines efficiency insofar as SEO is concerned, and such concept lies not on the hidden strategy, but on the one which can be seen and experienced by the users for the accomplishment of their purpose in browsing the internet. And when the users are benefited by what you feed or provide with them in your content, then the back links and social mentions about you and your sites will just follow. That’s ultimately what on-page optimization can do for you. And lastly, on-page and of-page optimization must be in harmony to achieve effectiveness.
Please don’t forget to share your thoughts below. Your idea matters for me!